Finland / St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg (August 26 - September 10, 2000)
on shamanism in Finnish Lapland
3-day excursion to
- Sightseeing around Helsinki.
- Visit with local families and students of the Michael teachings.
- Travel by charter bus up the west coast of Finland, with stops
along the way including crossing the Artic Circle at the official
Santa Claus Village.
- Visit to the Artic Amethyst
Mine, where we dug our own amethyst stones.
- Each person made a Sami drum, which took 4 days guided by a Sami
- We also had a chance to hear the singing of the yoik, traditional
music of the Sami culture.
- Visit to the
in Inari and boat trip on Lake Inari to Ukko Island, sacred to the
Sami for at least 1,000 years.
- Travel by bus down the east coast of Finland, with a stop in a ski
resort in Kuusamo and a visit to Karelia.
- We were blessed to see several wild herds of reindeer and full
rainbows during our travels.
- A panoramic tour of the city by bus featuring major city
- Visits to the Peter and Paul Fortress, Peterhof (Grand Summer
Palace), St. Isaac's Cathedral and The
Hermitage Museum (State Rooms of the Winter Palace; Old Masters,
and Impressionists' art exhibit).
- The ballet Giselle
at the Opera House on the Palace Square.
- Stops in
Vyborg on the way to
and from St. Petersburg including a visit to the castle built in
1293, which was the founding of the town.
The trip was arranged by Pivotal Resources,
Source: Photo of Sami national dress (left to right: Utsjoki,
Enontekiö, Vuotso and Inari) from The Sami in Finland, published
by Sami Parliament 1999
Page name: http://www.itstime.com/finland.htm
Page updated: January 11, 2021