Wisdom & Wit - Page 1
From: THE BOSS
I am God.
Today I will be handling all of your problems.
Please remember that I do not need your help.
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.
Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.
It will be addressed in My time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it.
If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.
Should you have a bad day at work;
Think of the man who has been out of work for years.
Should you despair over a relationship gone bad;
Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.
Should you grieve the passing of another weekend;
Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.
Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance;
Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.
Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror;
Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.
Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose?
Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.
Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities;
Remember, things could be worse.
You could be them!!!!
Should you decide to send this to a friend; You might brighten someone's day!
(*) Addendum: According to Snopes,
the Dalai Lama didnít actually say this.
The material is supposedly an extract from Life's Little Instruction Book, by Jackson Brown and H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve
- When you lose, do not lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others,
Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Do not let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you have made a mistake, take immediate steps to
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but do not let go of your values.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then, when you get older and think
back, you will be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current
situation. Do not bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you have never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for
each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Also available as a Download as a PowerPoint
negative sources, people, places, things and habits
things from every angle
give up, and don't give in
life today; yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come
and friends are hidden treasures; seek them and enjoy their riches
more than you planned to give
- Hang on
to your dreams
those who try to discourage you
- Just Do
trying; no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier
yourself first and most
- Make it
lie, cheat or steal; always strike a fair deal
your eyes, and see things as they really are
never win, and winners never quit
study and learn about everything important in your life
control of your own destiny
yourself in order to better understand others
- Want it
more than anything
- You are
unique of all God's creatures; nothing can replace you
- Zero in
on your target and go for it!
©1991 By Wanda Hope Carter, http://InspirationMotivation.com
wanda [at] lava.net PO Box 141 Haleiwa, HI 96712. All rights reserved
by the author, her heirs and assigns. No duplication or downloading without express written permission.
This piece is available as a poster and the subject of books in progress.
It appears here with the authorís permission.
Wisdom & Wit - complete list
. . . .
This page is http://www.itstime.com/swisdom2.htm
Page updated: June 06, 2009