May 2017 ~ Finding the Easy Way
- Set a Clear Intention
- Choose Your Attitude
- Take Care of Your Body
- Words of Wisdom from Jose Stevens
- From Don Miguel Ruiz - the Four Agreements
- Homework - should you decide to accept it
- Resources (books, articles)
May 2017 ~ Finding the Easy Way
This article comes from a talk given recently in Virginia.
Many people struggle with daily life and we have learned that
struggle is not always necessary. My realization came during a workshop at
Power Path Seminars after we were asked to spend some time out in nature and ask
for help for whatever issue was bothering us at the time.
I sat next under a tree next to a stream and focused on opening
my mind to whatever might come that would be useful for me. I noticed that
the water in the stream sometimes ran straight, sometimes meandered to the side,
sometimes went over rocks and sometimes under branches. Then, a message
came to me, "Find the Easy Way." I used that message as a mantra
whenever things seemed to be difficult and it greatly helped me to stop trying
to force situations when they were not ready.
One of the other things I learned is that when we work from the
positive aspects of our personality, life works much more smoothly.
Learning how the personality dragons work helped me
greatly. I learned to recognize them in myself and in others. When
we are stressed, our personality dragons come out to play. When we are relaxed,
they tend to leave us alone.
Some other techniques for finding the easy way:
Take time to set a clear intention Ė whether for a meeting or
for a project or a life long dream.
Being clear about what you want and what you expect has helped
immeasurably. Before going into a meeting, I learned to take time to be
clear about my expectations and expected that everyone else would be working to
achieve the highest possible result for all concerned.
I learned that many people went into meetings unprepared or went
into them expecting disagreement or harboring negative expectations about the
other people attending.
When we set a positive expectation, people tend to interact more
positively. If we go into a meeting on the defensive or in attack mode, we
set up a confrontation that does not usually go well.
So, pay attention to your own thoughts and feelings before hand,
set an intention for positive things to be accomplished and watch what can
Each person is responsible for their own attitude. To help
get yourself into a positive frame of mind, try these tips:
- Think of someone you love.
- Talk to someone you love.
- Think about your favorite people or pets or things or places.
Do whatever is necessary to lift yourself up and inspire
yourself to be in a positive frame of mind whenever necessary. You will find
that life works much more smoothly. When one part of your personality is
uplifted, all parts are uplifted - what we call the Pinball Effect.
Take care of
- Get enough rest every day.
- Maintain an appropriate weight for your body type.
- Exercise in whatever way works best for you.
- Meditate and keep your mind healthy.
- Learn what foods work best for you to keep your energy up.
- Minimize stress ó physical, emotional, mental.
- Meditate or do calming exercises when life happens. Take a deep breath
and know that All is Well and that you will live through what ever is
- Take care of your emotional needs: Maintain a healthy social network and
emotional support system.
- Take care of your mental needs. Keep your mind active: hobbies, puzzles,
genealogy or other mental exercises.
- Take care of your spiritual needs.
Wisdom from Josť Stevens
- Never accept appearances no matter how life is showing up. Itís all
an illusion anyway and can change in the blink of an eye.
- Remember, when the going gets tough, simplify, donít complicate.
- Go back to basics.
- Go hang out in the sunshine and accumulate energy and power.
- Drink plenty of fresh water.
- Pray and ask your power animals and guides for help every day.
- Practice the inner smile and do some simple chi gong exercises saying hello
to the flowers, taking a star bath or even a forest bath, and place your palms
over your eyes for a minute.
- Tap your third eye and the hemispheres of your skull. Focus on the stream of
powerful energy that flows upward to your heart and then to your third eye.
- Clear yourself with natural tobacco and sage often.
- Quiet your mind as best you can.
Miguel Ruiz Ė the Four Agreements
- Be Impeccable with Your Word.
- Donít Take Anything Personally.
- Donít Make Assumptions.
- Always Do Your Best.
should you decide to accept it
- Identify something you would like to work on Ė a business issue, a
personal issue, a personality issue, a life goal, a family goal, etc.
- Go out in nature and find a place that feels comfortable for you.
- Spend some time there listening and looking. Notice the color of the
leaves and the many different shades of green. Notice the birds and the
various sounds. Notice the texture of the dirt. Notice the variety
of trees, flowers, and other plants. If near the water, notice how the stream
is running. Notice how the air feels and how the wind is blowing.
Notice the temperature and how the sun feels.
- Open your heart and allow yourself to connect with everything around you
until you genuinely feel that your energy is vibrating with the energy of
- Ask a question about your issue and allow nature to give you answers.
Books - Disclosure:
We get a small commission for purchases made via links to Amazon.
Articles (on itstime.com)
Related newsletter articles:
October 2010 - Personality Types:
The Seven Roles
November 2011 - The Pinball Effect:
How to Create Happiness
June 1999 - Dealing with
July 1999 - Slaying the Personality
May 2008 - Work-Life Balance: A
Conspiracy of Optimism
September 1997 - Balancing Life and
July 2001 - Balancing Life and Work
March 2014 - Finding Balance in an
September 2015 - The Pillars of
November 2007 - True Community
About our resource
links: We do not endorse or agree with all the beliefs in
these links. We do keep an open mind about different viewpoints and
respect the ability of our readers to decide for themselves what is useful.
If you have comments about this month's topic, please let us know or take our
newsletter survey. If you would like
to receive free notices of the new monthly topic, please sign up for our mailing
Page updated: October 16, 2023
This page is http://www.itstime.com/may2017.htm